Who would have thought a year later we’d still be exploring social distancing options for graduations? The good news is last year taught us a lot about the new requirements and we’re prepared to help make this year’s graduation the best yet!
Graduation, whether it be from high school or college, is a big milestone in a young adult’s life. With this past year being anything but ordinary we are sure some graduates are feeling a bit hesitant for their big day. Our goal is to do our part to make this a special day to look back on with happiness and fond memories.
So what are the available graduation options? The two main types of graduations this year will be drive-thru graduations or an in-person traditional setting with a couple twists. We helped organize both types last year and we’re excited to make this year’s even better.
How Does Ace Party Rental Plan for a Graduation?
Here’s a little insight into the process of building an in person graduation ceremony:
- First we ask for the total number of attendees for the ceremony which drives all the other decisions.
- Determine the area to be covered and number of attendees
- Are we tenting the whole area to accommodate everyone? This can range from one to many tents
- We can cover just the stage area to formalize the space and create a beautiful backdrop
- Is the location big enough to accommodate a tent or tents this size? This is constantly changing with the guidelines the state sets so it can be a tricky step.
- We can also take care of all the permitting for our clients!
- Next it’s all about the configuration of the chairs for the guests and this is where the adherence to social distancing is ensured. The two most popular choices are:
- Three chairs side by side with aisles on either side separating the next set of three
- One chair in front with two behind like bowling pins, again with aisles on either side
- We will try to accommodate any other requested configurations keeping in mind our tent size and location capacity
- Then we talk accessories!
- Size and setup of the stage
- Stairs and/or ramps for the stage
- Chairs and configuration on the stage
- Standard AV – microphone/speakers/amp
Drive-Thru Graduation Option
This might seem like a tough scenario for some graduates but there are several options that help this still be a special day. The biggest challenge is to determine the flow of traffic and people as applicable.
- Graduates that stay in the car will need a space to stop where the administrators are set up and easily accessible. This may be a tented area to account for weather.
- Individual ceremonies where the graduate leaves the car offers many details to work through
- Provide a space to pull up and let the graduate exit the car
- Help with the stage placement, whether it will be tented or not, and the ramp or stairs for entering and exiting the stage.
- If the parents/family can be in attendance a designated space for them can also be added
- Add an additional area afterwards for pictures or to pick up other mementos for the day
We want to help ensure this is still a great day for all graduates which we can help do in a responsible and fun way.
A Lifetime of Memories
No matter how far you travel from your alma mater, the memories you made there will last you a lifetime. The graduation ceremony is a culmination of all those years of work and fun into a grand crescendo send off. We are proud to be a part of such a milestone!
Feel free to check out our website for more examples and information. We’d love to brainstorm with you to create the perfect 2021 graduation!